At its annual meeting, Eydon Parish Council wish to appoint a Police Liaison Representative (PLR) who shall hold office until the next annual meeting unless the appointment is terminated by the council.
A person may be re-appointed from one year to the next. The Police Liaison Representative may be a member or officer of the council or a member of the public.
The role of Police Liaison Representative is non-statutory and has no authority to make decisions that bind the council to taking, or not taking, any particular course of action. The role of the Police Liaison Representative shall be to:
- Establish contact with the relevant members of the Neighbourhood Policing Team.
- Attend an annual meeting of Police Liaison Representatives.
- Promote awareness of 101 and Crime Stoppers.
- Understand the role and impact on councils of the Crime and Disorder Act.
- Monitor crime statistics for the area and report to the council on any significant trends.
- Where there is a council-sponsored PCSO, communicate as appropriate with the council’s Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for the PCSO.
- Act as the point of contact between the Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinator and the council and help promote the Neighbourhood Watch.
- Receive news and information from the Neighbourhood Policing Team (general and related to specific local incidents) and disseminate it in the council’s area as appropriate.
- Liaise with other groups/persons in the council’s area on the broader community safety agenda, including fire prevention and emergency planning and bring items of interest to the attention of the council.
- Liaise and engage with the Northamptonshire Independent Advisory Group (IAG).
Hours will vary from community to community and person to person, but it is envisaged that the role will require between five and ten hours per month.
Commitment to electronic working
The vast majority of information will be shared electronically (e-mail and social media). Police Liaison Representatives should be comfortable working electronically. Limit of role Police Liaison Representatives are not involved in operational policing and are not an appropriate person to receive reports of incidents or crimes from members of the public, who should use 101 or 999 as appropriate.
For further information please contact Andy Hartley, Parish Clerk:
Tel: 07791 906773
Address: 17 Dean’s Row, Gayton, Northants, NN7 3HA